Sunday, September 4, 2011

Fractured Clarity


Fractured Clarity

gazing
through the weekend window
scenery blurred in shadowed haze
society’s harsh edges
faded to grey…
I saw mirrors....
mirrors upon mirrors...
suspended before my eyes...
each revealing a different image....
images that blurred
and changed before my startled cries....
my eyes brim with tears
and carry in them
 a melancholy that is unfathomable....

I find myself
hurtling
chaotically
down a labyrinthine tunnel
of veiled complexities…
entering the twilight zone
of my existence
a realm of deep profundity
I have never dared
to probe…
thoughts profound
in their simplicity
chant a primal mantra
too intense for my soul
to grasp….


debilitating reasoning
encumbers free thought
as all prior knowledge
disintegrates
into meaningless
echoes
under the onslaught
of such philosophical abstrusity …

I hear the very universe
hold its breath
willing me to seize
a shard of fractured clarity
almost daring me to run with it
to the end of time…

but clarity drifts
in obscure whispers
forever
beyond my perception
a profound premise
forever beyond
my mind…..

sharonlee©
3/9/2011
 9:50 PM





No comments:

Post a Comment