Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Between The Lines






Between The Lines

this is my face
aged before my spirit has aged
each line etched an echoing chasm
testimony to the tempest-tossed years
the rain-drop tears...the midnight fears
but still...it is my face...
somber eyes covertly betray
the lean years...mean years
abysmal nights and days
where the devils shadow danced
on stained and peeling walls leading me astray...
life-lines tell a story if one reads between the lines
no picket-fence happy endings will you find
that was not lifes plan or grand design
just lines that mark the struggle of the decades passing
in the end I never gave up...but I did stop asking...
this is my face...
aged before its time
touched with an enduringly faded grace
this face is mine;
sharonlee©

No comments:

Post a Comment