Sunday, March 20, 2011

Inspired by a Stranger (who became my friend)


Inspired by a Stranger (who became my friend)

I found inspiration in someone’s thoughts
and felt compelled to read
and think... and write...
a stranger whose words
mesmerized me
with thoughts that were powerful
and wise
punctuated with deep emotion
and an honesty born
from living life
and experiencing
as much as one can of life
of tasting
as much as one can of life...
this stranger wrote with
a simple complexity
bare faced honesty
a richness of spirit
a wry good humor...

I went back time and again
to read the stranger’s words
hoping each time for a new post
but content to re-read
the already read over again...
like I once read McKuen
and Rinder in my youthful
woman days...
over and over...
I found myself quietly thrilled
when I found the stranger
had something new
to plunge my thoughts into...
deeper... and deeper...

the strangers’ words
touched me ... moved me...
fed my soul...
helped me see more clearly
and filled me with a desire
to experience life more....
sharonlee
15/01/2011 2:13 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment